ubuntugis team mailing list archive

QGIS 1.0.1 Branched (was [DebianGIS] Two weeks to get QGIS into the next Ubuntu 9.04 release)

Hi

Folks in order to have the very best version of QGIS in upcoming 9.0.4 release
of Ubuntu, I have branched QGIS 1.0.1 tonight (a little earlier than planned).

This release is a bugfix release only.  If packagers could be so kind as to do
their thing that would be great.

The release can be checked out at:

svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Release-1_0_1

Thanks for your help all and apologies for the last minute shift of schedule.
Bugfixing will continue in the stable branch towards the release of 1.0.2 in
April.

The stable branch can be checked out from :

svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/Version-1_0

Note that all tickets open against 1.0.1 have been moved to 1.0.2. A summary
of tickets closed in this release is available here:

https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/milestone/Version 1.0.1

Many thanks and best regards,

Tim

On Friday 13 February 2009 07:22:27 Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Saturday 07 February 2009 11:48:00 Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 08:30:48PM +1100, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> > > Hamish,
> > > I see from the ticket you have reference below that you have fixed a
> > > number of issues, and it looks as if you consider all issues fixed (at
> > > least for the release you were addressing).
> > >
> > > Has someone detailed a list of issues to fix, or steps to be followed
> > > for qgis 1.0.0 to get back into debian unstable?
> >
> > 0.11.0 -> 1.0.0 and mainly defining a trustable - i.e. one that will not
> > disappear at the first problem or after one month - primary maintainer in
> > debian.
>
> Sorry to come in late to this thread. How much time is still left (if any)?
> I'm wondering if we have time to put a 1.0.1 bugfix release out and get
> that rolled into the next ubuntu release rather than 1.0.1
>
> Regards,

Regards,

--
Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net