ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: New Year Poster

_*Latest changes:*_

 * opacity increase by 20%
 * separated the welcoming sentences
 * added a space between Ubuntu and GNOME

Dňa 28.12.2014 o 16:41 Patrik Bubák napísal(a):
Why Photoshop? :D I'm not racist, I'm just an advocate for FLOSS :D

And I'm a designer and neither GIMP nor Inkscape are suitable replacements in a professional environment. Ask designers why they still haven't moved to alternatives, you're going to hear the same many times over, although there might be a few who will argue on the contrary, mainly FOSS enthusiasts, which I was one of for years, the majority still sees them as not ready and they know why.

I'm not comfortable to read the names. It was too white before, it is too light now. Can we have something in the middle, please?

I'll try to find your "balance" in it.

There must be a bit of space between the statement "we wish you a ..." and "2015" ;)

Ever heard of Aesthetics Ali? Because what you're asking will completely alter the bone structure of what I laid out there, forcing me to shrink the names in favour of another line or two of big bold text until they become unreadable no matter how I adjust the opacity.

You don't have to be such a pedant in everything, because in the end it is not only unnecessary, but you just might be seen as a guy who simply cannot be indulged and if nobody ever told you this before, I'll be happy to be the first.

Sometimes what you see as imperfection is the perfect choice. Take it from someone who works in and studies the field.

There MUST be space between Ubuntu and GNOME = Ubuntu GNOME NOT UbuntuGNOME as one word because it is not one word.

That is not a problem.

Dňa 28.12.2014 o 13:15 Ali/amjjawad napísal(a):
Hi all,