ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: New Year Poster

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 2:41 AM, Patrik Bubák <bubapa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Why Photoshop? :D I'm not racist, I'm just an advocate for FLOSS :D
>

> And I'm a designer and neither GIMP nor Inkscape are suitable replacements
> in a professional environment. Ask designers why they still haven't moved
> to alternatives, you're going to hear the same many times over, although
> there might be a few who will argue on the contrary, mainly FOSS
> enthusiasts, which I was one of for years, the majority still sees them as
> not ready and they know why.

Ok :)

> I'm not comfortable to read the names. It was too white before, it is too
> light now. Can we have something in the middle, please?
>

> I'll try to find your "balance" in it.

Thanks!

> There must be a bit of space between the statement "we wish you a ..." and
> "2015" ;)
>

> Ever heard of Aesthetics Ali? Because what you're asking will completely
> alter the bone structure of what I laid out there, forcing me to shrink the
> names in favour of another line or two of big bold text until they become
> unreadable no matter how I adjust the opacity.
>
> You don't have to be such a pedant in everything, because in the end it is
> not only unnecessary, but you just might be seen as a guy who simply cannot
> be indulged and if nobody ever told you this before, I'll be happy to be
> the first.

While I don't mind to take any feedback, I think it is too early for both
of us to go that level :) you don't yet know me and neither do I :) When
someone gives you a feedback about whatever you do, he/she puts him/her
self in others' shoes. I can do that myself but I didn't want that for
these reasons:

   1. I'm not a designer, perhaps a very basic one.
   2. We do have an Artwork Team and these tasks, IMHO, should be done by a
   dedicated team.
   3. I have lots of real life stuff to deal with + tons of projects and
   tasks to take care of.

I have worked closely with Rafael (Lubuntu Artwork) and Alfredo (Ubuntu
GNOME Artwork) and we all know how to deal with each others. So, by time,
hopefully myself and you could find a better communications and better
collaboration tasks.

It is a matter of time. I'm sure you will exceed all the expectations.

> Sometimes what you see as imperfection is the perfect choice. Take it from
> someone who works in and studies the field.

Nothing is perfect.

> There MUST be space between Ubuntu and GNOME = Ubuntu GNOME NOT
> UbuntuGNOME as one word because it is not one word.
>

> That is not a problem.

Good :)