ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu GNOME - the new logo

Hi Patrik,
On 10/07/15 21:25, Patrik Bubák wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I think this matter doesn't need any more postponing, and so I'm happy to present to you the fruits of my labour for the past few months.
>
> The artwork team has agreed this be our new brand identity. I would like, of course, to hear your thoughts and comments.
This looks great, can you forward your design onto the GNOME Foundation for approval. As a minor note I believe one of the requirements of using
the GNOME trademark in our logo, but that it used the same font as used in the official GNOME logo. However see what they think of the current
design before changing it!

> More on the project: http://on.be.net/1J8ezFh
> See it in action: http://on.be.net/1FERsjc
I suppose the ubiquity slideshow is still in its early stages? however I notice that you are not using the default icon/gtk themes?

We do not ship vlc, but totem as the default video player, there seem to be a number of other not-included apps featured in the slideshow as
well. If you want to have a slide or two that features "available" applications, that is fine by me. just make it clear they are not installed
by default!

In case you are not sure what was installed by default, you can use the 'seeded-in-ubuntu' cli tool to check, for example:

$ seeded-in-ubuntu vlc
vlc is seeded in:
  mythbuntu: daily-live
  ubuntu-mate: daily-live

$ seeded-in-ubuntu totem
totem is seeded in:
  edubuntu: dvd
  ubuntu-gnome: daily-live
  ubuntu: daily-live

> For a detailed overview it is highly recommended to go through the attached file (PDF, 24 pages).
I think the pdf got stripped from the email that went through the lists