ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

License of the Artwork

Hey Tim and Ali,

We were talking with the guys at the Artwork Team and we realised we don't
have a clear license for the artwork nor the logo.

Our proposal is to use:

   - CC-BY-(NC) for the general artwork (pictograms, wallpapers, etc.)
   - CC-BY-(NC)-ND for the logo (i.e., the same license but without
   derivatives, for obvious reasons; whoever wants to use Ubuntu and/or GNOME
   in their brands needs to talk first with Canonical and GNOME).

Our main issue and reason to write this e-mail is: *is NC (NoCommercial)
necessary (or even possible as we are a Ubuntu flavour)?*

Best regards,
Alfredo.

Follow ups