ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: License of the Artwork

right this stuff would normally be covered under copyright/trademark law, but its a bit complicated in our case. We are not a legal entity other
than existing under the legal umbrella of Canonical, no idea if copyright can apply in that case? we likely can't get a trademark on the full
logo, since its using other trademarks? Do we trademark The roundel, could be possible? but again I assume it would need to be under the
Canonical umbrella, unless we formed a legal entity such as Ubuntu GNOME foundation, which just sounds messy...

This is a probably a good question for the community council, and/or Canonical licensing teams, Alfredo/Patrik can once of you start that
discussion?

Tim