ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: UIFS for Wily - wallpapers

Ok, what do you mean Ali with "I never ask anybody for their opinion"...

Ask anybody from my team. That accusation just isn't true. The reason we are so slow at doing anything is because we have to wait with everything for everyone.

I always ask people for opinions, but that heavily depends on what it concerns. I won't ask non-designers opinions about design, the same way anybody else in their respective fields won't ask non-qualified people who have no connection to their line of work, unless it's trivial things.

While we're at accusing people, if it wouldn't take some ages to respond progress could be noticeably faster and maybe people would actually ask them something. I understand, that all of us have real life things to take care of, but then people shouldn't burden themselves with more than they can carry or sign up for something they cannot dedicate enough time to.

About the announcement
We are waiting for Keith, who said he had something prepared, weeks ago (maybe more than a month ago now), since then we haven't heard a word from him. If it was up to me that announcement would have been issued a long long time ago.

About the logo
We agreed, that it wouldn't be appropriate to include the logo on the wallpaper, so wallpapers wouldn't be branded, but just plain simple, without any text or anything.

I know this email doesn't sound like the nicest one, but I absolutely detest when someone accuses me of doing something I did not do.

I am one of those who truly love this project and dedicate perhaps more time to it than is healthy and sometimes I wonder why, to be very honest at this point.

To quote myself: "There's always time to find time for what needs time."

[Learn about how to protect yourself on the internet](https://prism-break.org/en/)

[Why it is important to encrypt your communications](https://freedom.press/encryption-works)
[An easy how-to guide to PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)](https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/)

Nothing ruins creativity like too many voices weighing in. We call it the Ice Cream Principle. Tell 10 people to go get ice cream with one condition: they all have to agree on one flavour. That flavour is going to be chocolate or vanilla every time. Groups of people don't agree on what's cool or interesting, they agree on what's easy to agree on.