ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Team/Sub-Team Meetings

On 12/12/2013 09:30 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad)
> <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hello Everyone,
>
>     Ali/amjjawad is back to action ;)
>
>     Kindly have a read at:
>     https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/team-meetings
>
>     Please, check the White Board!
>
>     For Ubuntu GNOME Community (Users and Members) to know, Team
>     Meetings are very important. Because having one big meeting for
>     many people at the same time is, at some point, an overkill, I
>     have edited the White Board with my suggestion.
>
>     I'd like to ask you to add your name:
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/WhoWeAre
>
>     I know many have joined us recently and I didn't have the chance
>     to ask them to add their names to the WhoWeAre Page. This is VERY
>     important so please don't ignore this.
>
>     I am CC'ing all the Sub-Teams.
>
>     This is not an email to ask for vote, this is an invitation to a
>     meeting :)
>
>     Feel Free to edit the Blueprint with your suggestions/idea - here
>     is how to edit:
>     https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Brainstorming#How_To_Edit_The_Whiteboard_on_Blueprints
>
>     I will discuss with each Sub-Team about when the next meeting will
>     be. I don't mind to have weekly meetings if we have to for each
>     Sub-Team.
>
>     We must define a roadmap for each Sub-Team. Each Sub-Team needs to
>     understand what exactly they need to do. I will start a blueprint
>     for each Sub-Team so hope we can finish this soon!
>
>     Thank you!
>
>     P.S.
>     More information in the way :)
>
>     --
>     Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>     Best Regards,
>     amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>     Areas of Involvement
>     <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
>     My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>
>

> I am very disappointed from the lack of responses :(
>
> May I remind you that 'Team Work' is one of the highest Priorities,
> IMHO and those who are part of Sub-Teams or the whole Community
> (Ubuntu GNOME) need to be active more often, that of course if we want
> to beat the impossible and be one of the best ever.
>
> You don't have to be super active though. Even few hours weekly is
> fine if you ask me but please, I insist, this Community based on Team
> Work :)
>
> I have previous 'bad' experience when only few had to do almost
> everything and at the end, they burned out and most if not all left
> that project. I do hate to see this happening with Ubuntu GNOME. So
> please, share more love and time as much as you can.
>
> I trust all of you and I am sure I will see more action soon :)
>
> Resigning Lubuntu Team gave me more time so I will be on our IRC
> channel more often :)
>
> Have a great time :)

> [...]

I'll get the ball rolling... When I'm having trouble committing to a
meeting sometimes it helps to throw out dates.  I have finals all next
week, so a good time for me might be 21 December or 22 December.  That
would give us a chance to chat before year's end.  If anyone else or
everyone else has dates that they would like, you should reply with
them, and we can come up with something that works for all of us.  We
can sort out time differences later, but I'm in the United States UTC -6.

I hope we can get in closer contact!

--
James Vorderbruggen
/UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team/