ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Team/Sub-Team Meetings

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Ali/amjjawad is back to action ;)
>
> Kindly have a read at:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/team-meetings
>
> Please, check the White Board!
>
> For Ubuntu GNOME Community (Users and Members) to know, Team Meetings are
> very important. Because having one big meeting for many people at the same
> time is, at some point, an overkill, I have edited the White Board with my
> suggestion.
>
> I'd like to ask you to add your name:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved/WhoWeAre
>
> I know many have joined us recently and I didn't have the chance to ask
> them to add their names to the WhoWeAre Page. This is VERY important so
> please don't ignore this.
>
> I am CC'ing all the Sub-Teams.
>
> This is not an email to ask for vote, this is an invitation to a meeting :)
>
> Feel Free to edit the Blueprint with your suggestions/idea - here is how
> to edit:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Brainstorming#How_To_Edit_The_Whiteboard_on_Blueprints
>
> I will discuss with each Sub-Team about when the next meeting will be. I
> don't mind to have weekly meetings if we have to for each Sub-Team.
>
> We must define a roadmap for each Sub-Team. Each Sub-Team needs to
> understand what exactly they need to do. I will start a blueprint for each
> Sub-Team so hope we can finish this soon!
>
> Thank you!
>
> P.S.
> More information in the way :)
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

I am very disappointed from the lack of responses :(

May I remind you that 'Team Work' is one of the highest Priorities, IMHO
and those who are part of Sub-Teams or the whole Community (Ubuntu GNOME)
need to be active more often, that of course if we want to beat the
impossible and be one of the best ever.

You don't have to be super active though. Even few hours weekly is fine if
you ask me but please, I insist, this Community based on Team Work :)

I have previous 'bad' experience when only few had to do almost everything
and at the end, they burned out and most if not all left that project. I do
hate to see this happening with Ubuntu GNOME. So please, share more love
and time as much as you can.

I trust all of you and I am sure I will see more action soon :)

Resigning Lubuntu Team gave me more time so I will be on our IRC channel
more often :)

Have a great time :)

Best Regards,