ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: [Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 LTS - Message from Ubuntu GNOME Technical Lead]

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Tim <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19/12/13 21:25, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>

>  Hello everyone,

Done :)

http://ubuntugnome.org/documentation/faq/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/FAQ#X_vs_Wayland_vs_MIR

> however I'm pretty certain no one ever reads the FAQ sections of sites.
> Would probably just be  better as a blog post.

You are right people in general don't really read but that is why it has
been mentioned on both Wiki and Website and we shall keep posting links
whenever someone else will ask and therefore, everyone will be educated in
a way that he/she needs to 'read' :D and above all, learn from where to get
the information :)

As for a Blog Post, you mean new post on the website?

> Of course the timelines are hard predict, and I dont have some magical
> crystal ball, but I would be very surprised if Ubuntu proper switch to a
> full MIR stack before 15.04. From the GNOME side I also can't see them
> dropping X support anytime in the next year, then add 6 months since we are
> a cycle behind upstream.
>
> Debian and Kubuntu are in the same boat, with regards to wayland. We will
> have a wayland solution when the time comes.

+1
Couldn't agree more :)

Thank you!

Best Regards,