ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Thank you and some more work done

 Ali , really thank you and I agree for the administration permissions - it would be a very good gift for the new year holidays!

 James ,

   I think that I like this idea.
 It may need its own page called
something like "Using the Ubuntu Terminal" because I'm not sure that
basic UNIX commands have a place in the Ubuntu GNOME
   specific  HowTos.
 I feel like it would be a super useful page
though, and one that I would have wanted when I started using Linux.

You have a good idea, Ivan,
 lets pursue it.
Here I agree with you. I know that many of the tutorials in the Howtos are not GNOME specified. They are mostly common for Ubuntu in general. In a later time can reorganize the page like this:
1. The index page of the Howtos section to be the filled only with the "Basic" tutorials (as you say). Here we can continue adding information on how to do things specified only for Ubuntu GNOME and the GNOME desktop environment (like these for changing the theme and fonts, using GNOME Tweak Tool, changing settings).

2. To create a link in that page, which can direct to a new page for the "Advanced" tutorials. Here we can continue adding tutorials related to GNOME and related to Ubuntu in general (to mix them up).

3. To create a separate reference page for useful commands (for everyday tasks).
James, thank you if you add these thoughts to the blueprint in Launchpad - I know that it is better all ideas to be there, but I am get used to the old and good mail :D

Follow ups