ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Intro

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Juliano <julianofischer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi and thank you for your email :)

> my name is Juliano Fischer Naves and I am joining the team.
> I am a Ubuntu user since 2006 and I became a Ubuntu Gnome User last year.

Welcome, Juliano and good to meet someone from Brazil :)

My name is Ali, amjjawad is my username that I use for Ubuntu Communities.
I am the founder of Ubuntu Wiki and Docs Team and here is my full Wiki Page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/UbuntuGNOME-Team

> I am contributing to brazilian translation/documentation team for years,
> but I got involved more actively in the past year.

Previous experience I see? that is really nice and good :)

> Currently, I am pursueing the PhD degree in Computer Science at Fluminense
> Federal University, Niterói, Rio de Janeiro, where I work with Delay and
> Disruption Tolerant Networks. I confess that due to the study my time is
> limited, but I try to contribute whenever I can.

Good luck with your study. Wish you all the best in the world :)

Thanks for being honest about that. We appreciate it.
No worries, we are all volunteers and contribute whenever possible.

> From now I apologie for possible errors in my English.

No need. English isn't my first language too. But I love it :D

> I never went to an English school and learned the little I know in the
> masters/degree course.

Nothing better than self-learning.

> The basic about me: I like to learn and to contribute.

Indeed, this is exactly what we need. You have made the right choice. We
hope you enjoy here :)

> Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you for joining us :)

Two of the most active members of Ubuntu GNOME have replied before me :D
James and Ivan, high quality contributors that you can't find else where.
Without those two, I have no idea what would happen to this team.

> Juliano Fischer Naves
> Informatics Professor  - IFRO
> PhD Student - IC/UFF/Brazil
>
> Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
> OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/
> Document Freedom Day - Liberate your documents
> http://documentfreedom.org/ - March 26th 2014
>
> --

Welcome to Ubuntu GNOME Wiki and Docs Team :)

Kindly make sure to read this very carefully:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved

If you wish to be an official team member :)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Community#Ubuntu_GNOME_Official_Members

Of course, you can contribute without being official member as once you're,
you will be required to be active. By active, we don't mean daily active
but joining and be idle for 2 months for example, this is not active :D

You're free to choose the path you wish with us. If you're willing to stay
and contribute, you will find wide open arms welcome you all the time :)

Thank you for choosing and joining Ubuntu GNOME!

P.S.
On my signature, there are other useful links - please take a look if you
can :)

--
Best Regards,
*Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."

Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
Join Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved>
Test Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing>
Contact Ubuntu GNOME <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs>