ubuntugnome-wiki-docs team mailing list archive

Re: Hello Aaron

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM, Aaron Honeycutt <aaronhoneycutt@xxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-03-28 at 10:30 -0500, James Vorderbruggen wrote:
> > Hi Aaron, and welcome to the team!  This is our mailing list, and I'm
> > sure we'll be communicating a lot over it in the future.  Ivan, Ali
> > and I have gotten a good amount of the documentation for 14.04 done by
> > now, but we're still working on
> >
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntugnome-brainstorming/+spec/trusty-tahr-release-notesright now.
> > Thanks for joining the team, and welcome to Ubuntu GNOME. :)
> > --
> > James Vorderbruggen
> > UbuntuGNOME Wiki and Documentation Team
> > My Wiki
> > Founder, Presences Web Development
> > Presences Web Development

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Ubuntu GNOME Wiki & Docs Team :)

Kindly make sure to follow:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GettingInvolved
And add your name to the list of the team members in case you're willing to
contribute for the long run and be an official member of the team. No
approval or such is required but you need to read the link and do as
mentioned, please :) that if you wish to be an official member of Ubuntu
GNOME :)

I have explained everything on that link. There are official team members
and there are just contributors. We hope you stay with us for the long run
;)

> The page looks great but I think GNOME Shells features should have it's
> own section like how they do on http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/.

As with any Release Notes Wiki Page, you can't add more pages, etc as it
should be one page. However, if what you mean by "its own section" a
paragraph, that is something else. Ubuntu GNOME after all is all about
GNOME + Ubuntu :)

I highly recommend before you start any kind of activities to get familiar
with the current structure of our Wiki System as I can assure you it is one
of the best among Ubuntu Flavors.

With the new cycle, we shall have a meeting. I will chair so many meetings
as I have tons of ideas for the new cycle. Our team was the first team that
finished all its tasks. We have only one left, that is the release notes.

Thanks!