ubuntukylin-members team mailing list archive

Issues of UbuntuKylin 13.04 Beta 1 Release Notes

Hi, list.

Links:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/1304-beta-1-ReleaseNote
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/1304-beta-1-ReleaseNote-zh

Though it may be popular in China, I don't think Gangnam Style, a
Korean song, should be used in screenshot to illustrate "Chinese pop
songs"/"中文流行歌曲".

The description of chinese-calendar in Chinese version of Release
Notes, "详尽的天气预报信息,为您的日常生活及出行提供有效参考。" is simply incorrect. It should be
Chinese equivalent of "Ease of use, the authority of the Chinese
calendar, contains the traditional lunar calendar and the Gregorian
calendar to facilitate inquiries holidays, in line with the Chinese
habit of using."

No offense, the descriptions in English version of Release Notes are
kind of Chinglish. The most broken one is the description of
chinese-calendar. I honestly cannot get the exact meaning of it.

Ubuntu Code of Conduct was incorrectly translated  as "Ubuntu 代码贡献协议".
It should be translated as "Ubuntu 社区行为准则" [1]. (Code of Conduct
literally means 行为准则, 社区 is added to avoid confusion of its applicable
scope.) I already edited the Chinese version to fix this issue.

1. http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/Conduct

Follow ups