ubuntukylin-members team mailing list archive

[Blueprint desktop-s-ubuntukylin-localization] Localization effort for Saucy

Blueprint changed by Ma Jun:

Whiteboard changed:
  Translation resources
   * 小组 Wiki:http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/UbuntuTranslations
   * 翻译指南:http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/TranslatorsGuideline
   * Instructions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/
   * Team: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-china-trans-contributors
   * Team: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-zh-cn
   * Where to work: https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu
   * Existing mailing lists:
      * ubuntu-l10n-zh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      * ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  * People who work in translation should join the above mailing lists and
  teams.

  * Do we need a localization team at LP? Such as ubuntukylin-l10n team
   --not currently. we'd better work together with ubuntu-l10n team at the beginning. If we found that there are much work besides ubuntu l10n, we will create a ubuntukylin-l10n team. [Jack]

  * Translation cadence
    * Saucy translation has not started, i think will be soon
    * langpack are released twice per week during development, align it.

  * Need translation plan
    * General workflow: Identify what to test -> Test -> Translate/Localize/Bug fix
    * what to test (prioritize)?
+   * how to write test cases for translations?
    * who will test?
    * can we handle the job or we need third-party translation vendor to help?

--
Localization effort for Saucy
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin/+spec/desktop-s-ubuntukylin-localization