Re: Project participation

Hi!

On 06/16/2009 04:41 PM, Torsten Bronger wrote:
> I see a couple of problems with Ubuntu One but I can't really report
> anything because I don't know where to get additional info from.
> I'm used to look at log files or status reports but with Ubuntu One,
> there is only a *very* small interface with almost not feedback
> (apart from "connected", "synchronizing" etc).

We're going to be removing the existing applet, so there will be even
less interface :) Rather than the applet, we'll be integrating directly
with the messaging indicator, and with the fusa applet. We'll also be
adding some additional things to the Nautilus extensions like file
emblems that change when files are being uploaded and downloaded. There
was discussion at UDS Barcelona about a "downloads indicator" that would
be able to show how much of your network was currently being used, but
I'm not sure whether that definitely is going into Karmic.

The logs are in ~/.cache/ubuntuone.

> I'm reluctant to report blurry things like "logo perpetually
> spinning" or "uploaded files doesn't show up on destination".  The
> most concrete thing so far was a Django traceback on the Webpage.
> I'd like to see such valuable info in every part of Ubuntu One, at
> least in beta stage!

Each of those things you mentioned, even the blurry things, are
definitely worth reporting as bugs. Even writing this mail has been
useful feedback, so thank you for trying out Ubuntu One and for telling
us what your experience was like!
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/