Re: Availability of UbuntuOne on other distros

Hi Bogdan!

On 07/07/2009 03:20 PM, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>    Are there any plans to port UbuntuOne to other distros ? I am using
> most of the time openSuSE 11.1, but the issue here is to have access
> to my space on ubuntuone server from any OS, using only a client. In
> my vision such client should allow synchronization among local files
> and the ones residing on the server.

We are absolutely trying not to introduce any gratuitous
incompatibilities with other operating systems, most especially Linux
distros. I know some people have worked on packaging Ubuntu One for
other distros, and if you would be interested in making RPMs for Ubuntu
One that would be really cool. We're using bzr, you can get both the
source tarballs and the bzr branches from
launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client, and you can store your work-in-progress
branches on launchpad of course. It's been quite a while since I worked
on RPMs, but let us know if you run into any questions should you decide
to work on this.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/