Hard links

Hi,

I have tried to upload some files to ubuntu one. They are already shared via
Dropbox, and as I'm not anxious to keep extra copies, I opted to use links.
Since it seems soft links are not exactly usable at the moment, I've
recreated the directory structure and hardlinked the files to their
respective places. On my hard disk the files take 64,8M. Ubuntu one web
interface reports 41M used.

After some clicking in the web interface I've found a number of files with
sizes of 0 bytes. Quick look did not reveal anything in common between the
files that failed to upload. In fact they are of very different types - some
text files, some .zip and data files, some presentations...

Does anyone have any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Andrew Ivanov