Re: Evolution backup sync

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 02:21 +0100, Shane Fagan wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if I could backup evolution every time I close it. It
> would be good because I experiment a lot with my computer and I wont
> have to worry if evolution is backed up fully and synced with ubuntu
> one. At the moment I cant find any plugin or setting in evolution to do
> an auto backup but I can do it manually. I was just wondering if its
> possible without having to write a plugin to do it.

What exactly do you want to backup?  If you use IMAP for mail you don't
have to worry about backing that up as it all resides on the server
anyway.  POP of course is going to be large to upload.  If you want to
backup your contacts you can create an address book of type "couchdb"
and it syncs to the ubuntuone service.  Finally, if you want to ensure
your settings are saved you could sync ~/.gconf/apps/evolution/ and a
few xml files in your ~/.evolution directory (i.e
~/.evolution/mail/filters.xml) to UbuntuOne.  For the sync you could use
conduit.

I know this is very round about, but most importantly (and back to my
original question), what do you want to sync?

- Pete

--
Peter Goodall <peter.goodall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Product Manager, OEM Services Group