Drag-and-drop from Ubuntu One folder

Because UbuntuOne has the "Connect" / "Disconnect" options, my natural
mental model is that it is a remote disk, that needs mounting (or
automounting at startup), but which has a cache on a local disk that can be
used when offline.

I don't really see it should be considered as an area in a regular file
system with magic cloud properties.

I might be persuaded toward the other view, that these are local files which
are kept synchronised. But only if I am allowed to apply that "synchronise"
property to any file or directory (maybe restricted to within my home
directory). There's no good reason I can think of why it should be limited
to a single UbuntuOne directory - I might want to have synchronised music,
photos, some odd files, browser bookmarks and saved passwords, but not
browser cache or plugins, to give an example.

"Unison" comes to mind - I currently use that to synchronise several
directories and files. Now the front-end of Unison is rather limited,
necessitating text file editing to get the desired effect. But having that
level of flexibility with a neat GUI that would let me open up "synchronise
properties" on any file or directory would be great.

Andrew Yeomans

but the files are *not* on a remote server. They are on your disk in