Re: Keeping two clients (computers) synced

On 10/06/2009 05:16 PM, Christian Schuerer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've ubuntu one[1] installed on two computers (A and B). Both are running and
> are connected to ubuntu one.  When I copy a file into the ubuntu one folder on
> computer A, then it gets immediately synced to the server (I can see the new
> file in the web interface). But computer B does not sync/download this new
> file(s) automatically. I have to disconnect and reconnect the ubuntu one
> client on computer B to get the files updated.
>
> Shouldn't the files be synced on both computers without user interaction? Is
> this a known bug or a missing feature?

Hi! It's a known bug, we use a message queue on the backend to send out
change notifications so that any other connected computers that have a
view of the file are updated (including people you have shared the
folder with), but we're having some trouble with the message queue at
the moment. I hope we'll have this fixed within a week or two.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/