Re: UbuntuOne Documentation

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Matt Griffin <matt.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Sounds good to me. As you said, we will need to coordinate this with website
> and email message auto-response updates. With all that is going on right
> now, I think post-UDSLucid is a little more realistic to plan and implement
> these changes.

Fine by me, I'm around for any assistance or clarifications.

> I'd like to learn more about the process of implementing an onboard manual.
> Would this mean that Ubuntu One documentation would be added to the Ubuntu
> Help Center?

Yes, it would - but also it would be available from a help button (and
usually a help menu) from within the application. The best way to see
how it works is to look at an existing application. Any Ubuntu desktop
application should have such a manual, but for good examples see the
Ubuntu Software Center, Hardware Drivers, or USB Creator. The manual
can either be part of an existing section in ubuntu-docs (like the
Internet section) or a standalone manual shipped with Ubuntu One
itself.

> For Lucid, not only will we build some new features, but we
> will move many of the Ubuntu One website processes of today (account
> management, computer management, etc.) to a desktop app experience... so I
> expect our documentation needs to grow. If you guys are willing to help out,
> we welcome the support.

Great stuff. Provided that the new features are released promptly and
announced here or somewhere else (specs or whatever) then that sounds
like no problem.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org