Re: Syncing Evolution Contacts - Multiple Address Books

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 18:24 +0100, Christian Lange wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I wonder if I can somehow create multiple address Books in Evolution and
> sync them via Ubuntu One!? Currently there is only one named "Ubuntu
> One" which is synced. When I create a second, say "Ubuntu Two", the
> contacts of these address books are getting merged. All contacts from
> "Ubuntu One" appear in "Ubuntu Two" and vice versa.
> So, all my contacts are synced, but only cause all are written into one
> address book. That´s not exactly what i want in terms of contact
> organization. ;)
>
> Is there some way to sync more than the standard "Ubuntu One" address
> book?

not right now. We just synchronize the Desktop Couch database, so even
if you create 100 address books in Evolution, all of them pointing to
Desktop Couch, they would in fact all be accessing the same CouchDB
database (desktopcouch)

We are working on finding a good way to make it easy for users to have
separate contacts (business, personal, etc) on the same address book, so
stay tuned