Re: python-ubuntuone-client gnome dependencies

Hi Elliot, Rodney, thanks for your replies.

It seems the issue may be more complicated that I imagined.

I don't understand this part, though:

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 00:18 -0500, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Once we switch to using python-keyring to abstract the keyring bits
> out, this won't actually be an issue any more. Of course, the other
> major problem is that we still need UI to do the authentication step.
> Because u1sync has options to pass in the oauth token and consumer
> information, it still allows for authenticating if there isn't a token
> in the keyring. I'd rather not remove that functionality. At that
> point,
> supporting headless setups is a bit more problematic.

Doesn't passing the oauth token obviate the need for the authentication
step?  Why would anyone want to remove that?  And doesn't it make
operating in a headless environment *easier*?

Please consider operation in a cli-only environment my submission to a
wish-list, then.

Thanks for taking the time to think about this.

simon