Re: Default file emblems in Ubuntu One directory

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 20:11 +0000, Neil Greenwood wrote:
> You need to watch out for accessibility issues with 2 emblems that
> only differ by colour. My boss is both red-green and red-blue
> colour-blind, so he probably (I can check on Monday if you want
> confirmation) cannot tell the difference between the 2 emblems. Just a
> thought!
That would be a great use case for these emblems. I will appreciate it
if you check that with your boss. Thanks!

Offtopic: I am also color-blind in a similar way, so sometimes it is
hard to differentiate between different states of entities.

I'd rather have the default to be set to "unsynchronized" and then have
the emblem redrawn into something that cannot be mistaken for anything
else. If one has a lot of files to sync and all they carry the same
emblems but one of them differs by color only then it will take more
time to actually find the file icon. The better way is to make the icon
look really different.

Most likely that an icon change will not be accepted into Karmic, but it
may make its way into Lucid. I'll prepare some screenshots and file a
bug report about this as well. Thanks for the hint!

--
Roman Yepishev <roman.yepishev@xxxxxxxxx>