Ubuntu One client does not connect

I have been pointed to this discussion by Matt Griffin at Canonical.

Having subscribed to U1, I have succeeded in uploading a file to my user
area. Is this supposed to synchronise with the client in 9.10?

When I try to connect from the client, the cloud appears on the panel
for a few seconds then reverts to an exclamation mark. That's it,
nothing more. The preferences allow me to set when U1 updates, but
nothing else. So how does the client know what my U1 user name is?

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, or does the
application simply not work?

Regards

Gavin Ryalls
gavin.ryalls@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Gavin Ryalls (https://launchpad.net/~gavin-ryalls)