Re: Ubuntu One client does not connect

Hi Gavin,

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 10:14 +0000, Gavin Ryalls wrote:
> Having subscribed to U1, I have succeeded in uploading a file to my user
> area. Is this supposed to synchronise with the client in 9.10?

I assume you uploaded from the website interface, right?

> When I try to connect from the client, the cloud appears on the panel
> for a few seconds then reverts to an exclamation mark. That's it,
> nothing more. The preferences allow me to set when U1 updates, but
> nothing else. So how does the client know what my U1 user name is?

If you have an exclamation mark, you may be running an out of date
version of the client software (1.0.2-0ubuntu1 -
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/462828). You can
check by opening a terminal and typing the following command:

sudo apt-cache policy ubuntuone-client

The fix is run software update to install the latest verison
1.0.2-0ubuntu2. You will need to restart the client software (log-out/in
again)

Hope this helps. Please reply if you're still having issues.

Thanks.

Matt