Re: ubuntuone-client frozen when it is trying to log in

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 21:52 -0400, John O'Brien wrote:
> On 04/24/2010 09:17 PM, Paul Leger wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >         I just installed ubuntu 10.04 (rc). When I run the
> > "ubuntuone-preferences" application, this is frozen when this
> > application tries to log in. The application only shows "current
> > plan:free" without names and email. I tried with reinstalling the
> > application, but it did not work.
> >
> > How did I get this bug?
> >
> >       My problem began when I removed all registered machines from
> > ubuntuone website (Actually, it is the same machine with different
> > OSs).
> >
> > How I can resolve this problem? Please, I dont want to reinstall ubuntu
> > one.
> >
> > Maybe, this information is useless, but I think this log could be
> > useful:
> > pleger@pleger-laptop:~/.local/share/ubuntuone$ ubuntuone-preferences
> > Exception in thread Thread-4:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
> >      self.run()
> >    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
> >      self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
> >    File "/usr/bin/ubuntuone-preferences", line 162, in do_rest_request
> >      callback(result)
> >    File "/usr/bin/ubuntuone-preferences", line 348, in parse_devices
> >      self.error(error)
> >    File "/usr/bin/ubuntuone-preferences", line 304, in error
> >      gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT | gtk.MODAL,
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'MODAL'
> >
> > Thank you, very much!!
> > --
> > Paul Leger
> >
> I think you need to go to System > Preferences > Ubuntu One to register
> your computer first before anything shows up there.

I agree with you, but How can I register my computer if the application
is frozen (System > Preferences > Ubuntu One) when it is loading?

I run the application and then this is frozen (I suppose that the
application tries to sign in my computer and cannot do it).