Re: How to debug Ubuntu One?

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 12:19 -0300, Dedeco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know more about ways to debug Ubuntu one.
>
> I have tried it myself on my machine, but it ended up with weird
> sympthoms on my whole system. For example, at somepoint I had two Ubuntu
> One icons on the messaging panel menu.
>
> And I would like to use a test account instead of using mine, so I don't
> risk losing my personal U1 data. If it is possible to have the debug U1
> running is parallel with the installed one.
>
> If you have any directions of places to go, things to read, or even just
> provide some information maybe enough.

Hi,

You can't run the syncdaemon twice as the same user; or log into
different accounts as the same user, as doing so will result in a
non-working system, as the first account you logged in to will be
the one that owns the files in ~/Ubuntu One/. If you want to log into a
different account with Ubuntu One, you should create another user on
your computer to connect to that account.