Re: How to debug Ubuntu One?

I would like to know more about ways to debug Ubuntu one.

I have tried it myself on my machine, but it ended up with weird
sympthoms on my whole system. For example, at somepoint I had two Ubuntu
One icons on the messaging panel menu.

And I would like to use a test account instead of using mine, so I don't
risk losing my personal U1 data. If it is possible to have the debug U1
running is parallel with the installed one.

If you have any directions of places to go, things to read, or even just
provide some information maybe enough.
Hi,

You can't run the syncdaemon twice as the same user; or log into
different accounts as the same user, as doing so will result in a
non-working system, as the first account you logged in to will be
the one that owns the files in ~/Ubuntu One/. If you want to log into a
different account with Ubuntu One, you should create another user on
your computer to connect to that account.

Thanks, Rodney. That is easy. I can create an user just to that, and just switch from one another when I need.

But, for the debugging, how exactly would I run, stop and restart the daemon? Just killing it? And how will it affect the non-debug users? If I disconnect from each user Ubuntu One interface, will it connect again when I restart the daemon? Or is there a daemon running alone for each user?

I think I need more of this kind of information.