Re: [Contribution] U1 Finder Plugin for OS X Lion & Mountain Lion

On 09/19/2012 12:57 AM, José Expósito wrote:
Hi list!

I'm developing a plugin for the Mac OS X file manger (Finder.app). The
source code is available at:
https://github.com/JoseExposito/U1-Finder-Plugin

It is in a very early stage of development, but it has some features:

     - Makes login with the credentials stored in the "Keychain
Access.app" by the U1 OS X client
     - Puts an icon overlay over the synchronized volumes
     - Adds an U1 entry in the context menu
     - Supports translations
     - Compatble with Lion & Mountain Lion

As the Finder application doesn't allow plugins, it makes use of SIMBL
and reverse engineer to add this features to Finder.
In the future I'll like to code a personalized loader to replace SIMBL
to not force to the user to install it.

As I said, it is in a very early stage of development and needs to add
more features like a cool icon overlay or some specified U1
features... Any help is welcome!!

That is bloody awesome!!! Is this plugin using the rest apis? Could we see if it can integrate with the daemon (which I think should be more efficient)?

Please ping mmcc or mandel in frenode #ubuntuone and we can chat about this things :)