ubuntustudio-dev team mailing list archive

Re: non-Unity flavours and Mir

On May 15, 2013 12:02 PM, "Jonathan Riddell" <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear flavour people, the switch to Mir in Ubuntu seems pretty risky for
the existance of Kubuntu, I wonder if other flavours have the same probable
problem.  Is it worth having a vUDS session about it?  Or if that's too
late a discussion over e-mail?

http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2013/05/mir-in-kubuntu/

> Jonathan

Perhaps this email should have been sent to the ubuntu-release list (if you
wanted to reach all the flavor devs) or even ubuntu-devel to reach all
interested developers.

Isn't the worst that could happen is that a user would need to reboot to
run a non-Unity session? But I'd hope that LightDM would support Wayland
too as I believe KDE and GNOME will be moving to it by default next year.

And the flavor community may need to depend on Debian instead of Canonical
to maintain X and Wayland?

Jeremy