Re: [HG UFL] Initial attempt at implementing index renumbering. Needed to disable

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:51:42AM +0100, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> Looks ok, but I simplified it further.

Looks nice and simple.

> Note that we might need a more sofisticated renumbering
> later, to discover that e.g. u[i]*v[i] and u[j]*v[j] are the
> same expression, for fast optimization of quadrature code.

ok

> Also, I moved the argument renumbering to FormData,
> take a look at it. I've removed the "classes" and
> "*_renumbering" members of FormData. We should
> go through the FormData structure soon to finalize
> it as well as we can.

I wasn't aware that FormData already did some renumbering. What does
it renumber and how does it relate to renumber_indices?

> I've confusingly used the term "coefficient" in e.g.
> FormData, I guess we should stick to "function" in UFL.
> Agreed?

Agree, but there will be a coefficient thing in the monomial
representation where functions are expanded to

  f = f_i v_i

> Also, we should always write "basis_function" instead of "basisfunction"?

ok

--
Anders