Re: Quadrature degree estimation

Anders Logg wrote:
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:02:04PM +0200, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
Take a look at
  ufl/sandbox/algorithmtests/degree_estimation.py
just added.

Is this good enough for the initial version?
It handles mixed elements by using the max
degree of subelements, and nonlinear operators
by just using the degree of the operands.
Should work fine for most forms where accurate
estimation is possible.

Should it be called 'estimate_max_poly_order' rather than 'estimate_max_quadrature_order'?

I'll add it into UFL soon.

Martin

It looks good to me, but I haven't tried it.

UFL now seems to have at least three ways to estimate the quadrature
degree:

  extract_quadrature_order

This gets the order of a quadrature element.

  estimate_quadrature_order

I don't follow exactly what this function is doing.

  estimate_max_quad_degree

I can't find this function in the code.

  estimate_max_quadrature_order

This computes the polynomial order of the integrand.

Garth

Which one should be used and what is the difference between these?