Re: [Dolfin] Release

Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 10:21:18PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 09:32:03PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
It would be good to make a release of DOLFIN/FFL/UFL next week with the
new syntax for Constants and Expressions. Are there any pressing issues
which need to be addressed before making a new release?

Garth
I agree. Let's make a release as soon as possible.

The only things I see missing are

1. std::vector argument in eval. I see you've started on this.

2. Getting the buildbot running in on form or another.

If we don't get this running in time, I'm happy if we run the tests by
hand on a few OSes.

Me too.

Andre Massing has prepared a major bundle on the CGAL stuff but that
can wait until after 0.9.5, but it would be good to do it immediately
after so we get that done.

Perhaps he could publish it first as a personal branch on Launchpad?

Yes, it would be a good opportunity to test that feature.

What do you think Andre? Could you give it a try?

Yes, sounds like a good idea to me. So far almost everything should be in place, although I still have some ideas in mind I would like to implement :) But I would like to get the CGAL stuff merged ASAP, merging everything via diff/patch by into the new bzr branch locally on my disk and not getting the my converted branch into trunk was a kind of a painful experience :(

And using the launchpad branch feature is a good way to get the code reviewed by the dolfin developers :)
I will install a branch tomorrow/today...

--
Anders