Re: [Dolfin] [Branch ~ufl-core/ufl/main] Rev 1014: Add warnings to set_foo functions in finiteelement.py,

On 27 April 2011 12:38, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27/04/11 11:08, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, Martin mentioned at some point that it would be easy to add such
>>> a function to UFL (that takes a form and replacement elements and
>>> returns a new form).
>>>
>>> Martin, could you add such a function?
>>
>> I think ufl.algorithm.transformations.replace would work if
>> FiniteElementBase derived from 'Terminal'.
>> Currently, it derives from 'object', what is the reason for that?
>> Anyway, it should be simple enough to add something equivalent for elements.
>>

> I was thinking that we only need to replace Coefficients, e.g. if a
> Coefficient is defined using an 'incomplete element', FFC can create an
> element, a Coefficient and the perform the replacement. Looks like UFL
> can do this already.

Yes, I think that should be possible. But what about quadrature elements?

If the scheme is not specified when constructing the element (in the
form), then the scheme
will be determined by the commandline arguments (or metadata) to FFC. The
QuadratureElement needs the scheme information in the constructor in order to
generate the points for which it is defined.

Kristian