Re: [Question #215444]: how does FEniCS apply the Dirichlet boundary conditions on unitcircle

Question #215444 on UFL changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ufl/+question/215444

Huadong GAO is still having a problem:
Thanks Johan's help.  Sorry for replying so late, I have  class and TA
duties today.

I have read the document help(DirichletBC), it is said that FEniCS uses
the expression to compute the value of the boundary nodes. I guess for
quadratic and higher element FEniCS will still use the expression to
calculate the values of the boundary nodes directly.

For the unitcircle domain if linear elment is used, all the boundary nodes are exactly on the circle boundary.
But in fact, in the case of quadratic elment method or high order element methods, some boundary nodes  are not on the circle boundary.

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of UFL
Team, which is an answer contact for UFL.