ugr-testing team mailing list archive

Fwd: UGR 0.0.2 'Cosmic' is out!

The next version of UGR was released this morning.  It fixes some of the
bugs that broke package dependencies.  Also, please be sure that you have
the GNOME 3 team's PPA installed, as we have moved to get software directly
from them.

If you already have UGR installed, you must take some steps to 'un-break'
your system to install cosmic.  Try the following:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove ugr-desktop-g3
sudo apt-get remove gnome-accessibility-theme
sudo apt-get install ugr-desktop-g3
sudo apt-get upgrade

At this stage, the project has delivered our initial proof of concept.  Now,
we will switch to delivering a better and more complete experience.  The
next releases will include a fallback to original GNOME as a session option,
gnome-tweak-tool, gnome shell extensions, the ability to change and manage
themes, UGR branding, more stability, and more.  We are exploring how to
implement these right now.  Please see our blueprints and bugs on launchpad
and see if you can help.  The project is also currently seeking another
developer/ packager.

We appreciate the efforts of everyone in the community very much.  The
response to the project has greatly surpassed our initial expectations.  For
example, our website gets thousands of views every day and has been
mentioned on hundreds of blogs.  On a side note, we are currently seeking a
better domain name, website, and branding.

Thank you,
JC Hulce, creator of UGR

Follow ups