Re: Questions

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> 1) are features such as display position and display timeout part of the
> notification spec, and are they handled by the notification daemon or display?

> 2) are display decisions, such as whether to show a notification or not (e.g.
> in presentation mode), handled by the notifcation daemon or display?

The Galago spec let an application specifies a timeout, but no
positioning. This is up to the implementation.

There is no separation between daemon and display. On Jaunty GNOME
desktop, you run either notification-daemon (the original
implementation) or notify-osd (our implementation). You can select which
one will be used at login time [1].

Aurélien

[1]
http://martinpitt.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/the-stracciatella-gnome-session/