Re: Things I have noticed

On Monday 11 May 2009 13:06, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> We won't bring actions back, even if a patch is contributed to do so.
> The user experience of "racing to click on the action" is fundamentally
> broken, and can't be fixed even though many people will clamour for it.
> So, actions require completely different presentation - we think they
> should either be in windows which call for attention, or in dialogs. Our
> current action handling is a half-way house to tolerate badly-behaved
> apps while they get fixed.

I think that given the current set of design choices and the way you've
balanced the different user requirements you've decided on, that is true.
There are other ways to do it that would allow actions on notifications
without causing this race that would also generally meet the requirements
you've set.

Scott K