Re: Notifications are annoying when typing in the upper right corner of a window

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> kwin can also know when a dropdown or context menu is open. i've been looking
> into the possibility of delaying notifications which occur during these types
> of interactions for n seconds. several researcher groups have found significant
> benefits for these types of "computer-mediated" interruptions.

That sounds very useful - both dropdowns and menus have "brittle state",
it's hard to recover from a slip except by reproducing the actions that
setup that point in the interaction. I'd be +1 on deferring, at least
for a few seconds, async notification display under those circumstances
in notify-osd.

Mark