Re: Yip: An Unified Notification System for the Web

Il giorno mer, 10/06/2009 alle 16.42 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth ha
scritto:

> Right - that's why it's useful to think about having the messaging
> indicator exposed too, because it addresses the primary uses cases
> that drove click-on-notifications.
>
> Mark

Are you still, and will you always be, of the option that something like
the messaging indicator, but with an alert sign (white triangle with
exclamation mark and red border) would not be a better solution than the
interactive popups like the update-notifier one?

I mean: the "indicator alike" applet would appear in the notification
area after notifications that would ideally have required interaction,
but can't do that because they are notifications, have appeared, and
would disappear after interactions have taken place.

Sorry to get back to this, but you mentioned above "use cases" for
click-on-notifications: aren't they the same use case of the
update-notifier?

V.