Re: Yip: An Unified Notification System for the Web

Il giorno mer, 10/06/2009 alle 20.14 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia ha scritto:
> Il giorno mer, 10/06/2009 alle 16.42 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth ha
> scritto:
> > >

> > Right - that's why it's useful to think about having the messaging
> > indicator exposed too, because it addresses the primary uses cases
> > that drove click-on-notifications.
> >
> > Mark
>
> Are you still, and will you always be, of the option that something like
> the messaging indicator, but with an alert sign (white triangle with
> exclamation mark and red border) would not be a better solution than the
> interactive popups like the update-notifier one?

By the way, I have a laptop where, as it was annoying, I disabled the
automatic check for upgrades. Every now and then a triangle with an
exclamation mark comes out in ubuntu, and if I click on it it says
something like "you didn't check for upgrades for a long while do you
want me to do this for you?".

This is more or less what I would like to see, and it's already there :)
Did you (the ubuntu developers) leave it there by mistake or is it a
backdoor for users like me?

Vincenzo