Re: Interactive notifications idea

reposting to the whole list.

[mac_v] wrote:
> if a system feature behavior behaves differently, then it should
> definitely look different from the mouse-over notify-osd, otherwise its
> just confusing, about which is which... especially if it has the subtle
> color coding. u just cant expect the user to have a second look, what if
> the user is having a wallpaper which matches the color coding?and it
> just blends... then the coding would be missed.
>
>  so i would say that if they look the same it is definitely not a good
> design.

It behaves slightly different (on mouse over) so it'll look just
slightly different (having the stripe, vs no stripe)

That said, making it look different is another thing. You could also
say it's not evident enough to the user that the stripe is a clickable
target.
I'm ok with that.

Let's see what the feed back of other people - if any - is, then look
for improvements on the idea and fixes to the shortcomings.

Stefano