Re: [Fwd: Re: Update manager] - a secure way to ask for information

On 16/06/2009 Natan Yellin wrote:
A few websites use a similar trick and display a custom image which the user chooses. I think it's a bit of a better solution than using a phrase, because people are more likely to notice if it changes.

Hmm, if I enter "fatti non fummo a viver come bruti" and you (the malicious program) have no idea of what it could be, sure I notice if it changes. The problem with an image is that it would make the installation process much less comfortable if you want to find your own image but I am not totally against it. You can even have both.

Vincenzo