Re: System / hardware indicator

On 16/06/2009 Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

Ted Gould has been a proponent of a system / hardware indicator, and I've been working on how to handle things like USB-unmount and Bluetooth-connect and am coming round to the idea. What do you guys think? If there's support for the idea, we could do a round of design work and present it here for more detailed discussion.

Do you mean like the messaging indicator but for system messages? If so, would it also handle update-manager interactions? I think this has been proposed by many both here and on the u-m bug so there should be wide consensus. I'd love it.

If I misunderstood what you said, perhaps some more detail is needed.

Vincenzo