Idea: for Ayatana to have oversight of highly visible projects.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana:  "Ayatana's goal is to build a set of well
researched and defined technologies to help extend, improve and refine the
Open Source desktop"

Shouldn't that mean that Ayatana should have some oversight, or at least, be
made aware of, certain highly visible projects?

For example, the slideshow that will show during the Ubiquity install for
Karmic (https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/ubiquity-slideshow) will
be the first impression that many new users will have of Ubuntu.  Shouldn't
the Ayatana Team at least keep an eye on - and at most, lend some design and
communication skills and polish to - this project?  If left to their own
devices, I'm afraid the project will only produce a very 'rinky-dink',
amateurish outcome that will not leave a good first impression.

I've already tried to lend my design opinions at
https://lists.launchpad.net/ubiquity-slideshow/maillist.html, but to little
or no avail. :-(

I could suggest other projects as well, but I'm curious what people think.
Is Ayatana just about starting new projects, or is it also about
participating in highly visible (to the end-user) projects, so that good,
consistent, well-designed 'look and feel' is persistent throughout the
Ubuntu experience?

Follow ups