Re: Idea: for Ayatana to have oversight of highly visible projects.

@mac_v

Thanks for the +1

Thanks also for your opinions on how the slideshow could be improved.  I was
wondering if you wouldn't mind taking the extra step and posting your
comments to the slideshow's mailing list?

subscribe: https://launchpad.net/~ubiquity-slideshow

and post:https://lists.launchpad.net/ubiquity-slideshow/maillist.html

Franky, I don't know how receptive they'll be.  I've been telling them
repeatedly that the inline images are way too small for anyone but a
seasoned Ubuntu user to be even able to recognize what they are referring to
-  but it doesn't seem to change their minds.  They are somehow set on
keeping to small dimensions because they want the slideshow to work on
netbooks, and other small screens.  Since they are building it in html / css
I just don't see why they couldn't build something that that scales up for
larger screens, but gracefully scales down for smaller ones.

I've taken your advice an re posted my previous message to the Desktop
Experience Team's mailing list.  You can keep track of it, if you like, at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2009-June/002116.html

Oh, and I like your idea of relaxing sounds or nice instrumental music
playing during the slideshow.  I wish I'd thought of that! :)

Be well.

Cheers,

Howard "Freeman" Stellar.

PS.  If you are intereted, I've posted some early mockups of how I think the
slides could look:

http://ubuntuwtf.wordpress.com/2009/06/18/my-mockup-suggestion-for-ubiquity-slideshow/