Re: Notification in fullscreen apps

Op maandag 06-07-2009 om 10:25 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Charlie
Kravetz:
> However, there should also be easy ways to change fonts and colors of
> notifications. Visual impairments can make it difficult/impossible to
> see the text. This is not a design team decision they should be
> making, but user decisions when necessary.
>
> The fewer choices we allow, the more difficult we make Ubuntu to use
> by all people. We have pretty much told users if you want
> accessibility, go somewhere else. We don't really think you need
> choices here.

I have pointed that out before.

My experience with this is an employee at my previous job (I had to
replace her PC) who a.o. needed a screen magnifier and a low-contrast
theme (for Windows).

Ubuntu + GNOME has a low-contrast theme in gnome-theme-extras, which
isn't installed by default though (a screen magnifier is).

She couldn't read (or maybe only with extreme difficulty) anything that
was white on black or black on white or anything else that has a high
contrast.  She explained that to her "white" is what to me would be like
looking into a spotlight from nearby and then trying to identify what's
next to the spotlight (or something like that).  IIRC the theme she
prefered was "lighter blue" on "darker blue" (where the color might or
might not be relevant, I don't know).

--
Jan Claeys