Re: New notification placement

Thanks all for comments, bouquets and brickbats. We're experimenting
with different layouts and positions, and the feedback helps. It helps
more if it doesn't come dripping with sarcasm ;-).

We'll let the no-fade-when-mouse-is-there behaviour bake for a while
before making any further changes.

Mirco, is there any way to know, when the notification appears, how long
the mouse has been stationary?

On the position:

mac_v wrote:
> *The only bad move was the position* . Regarding the position, my
> suggestion would be to:
>
> - Move both the bubble classes back up , [sync and async]
>
> This would avoid:
> - the async bubbles [second row]from
>  * blocking the Firefox Search box
>  * blocking when a user has the pointer on close/minimize/maximize
>  * blocking any potential work space.
>
> - Since the first row is the sync notification , it wouldn't matter if
> it blocks the above locations. Because the user has triggered them on
> his due to some interaction and it wouldnt bother him.
>
> The second row for async bubbles is a better location than the middle of
> the screen , which will almost always get in the face of the user!

I'm inclined to agree, but want to let it sit a while to confirm the
feeling.

Mark